STRADA RACING CLUB
Strada Racing Club was turned over to Michael and Lisa Kolin in 2005.
A foundation of skill and technique training develops road, track and mtb cyclists from our 90+ members, ages 4 to 70. Strada Racing Club, a member of USAC and ABRA, also promotes two races events per year, the Sun Devil Classic at ASU Research Park and the Arizona State Track Championships at the Encino Velodrome in California. Another of our Team Events is the Strada Hilly Hundred, a 100K club ride that donates the proceeds to charity.
Michael Kolin Biography
Lisa Kolin Biography
President - Michael Kolin, Coach
Vice President - Lisa Kolin, Coach
Secretary - Jay Natoli
Advisory - Drew Albert
Advisory - Jeff Biever
Advisory - Dan Ranshaw
Team Doctor - Dr. Jen Burke
Race Director - Bill Kahn
2013 SUN DEVIL MANAGEMENT TEAM
Race Director - Bill Kahn
Media Director - Jerri Manley
Registration Director - Mary Julia Albert
Site Director - Stephen Bobko-Hillenaar
Sponsorship Director - LeeAnn Land
Website - Lisa Kolin
Michael Kolin, Coach
Lisa Kolin, Coach
In addition to the Coaches, Strada Racing has designated RIDE LEADERS.
RIDE LEADERS are in charge of:
1. All aspects of the Strada Team Ride
2. All riders participating in the Strada Team Ride
The RIDE LEADER:
1. Is appointed by the coaches
2. Reflects the moral, behavioral and philosophical standards of Strada Racing Club
3. Consistently attends Strada Team Rides
RIDE LEADER DUTIES:
1. Introduce New Riders to Strada Team Rides
2. Be sure the ride leaves at the designated time
3. Alter the ride course if distance, time or weather is an issue
4. Maintain a ride pace that is consistent with the training schedule and keeps the group together
5. Apply any workout designated by the training schedule
6. If necessary, break riders into groups to accomplish training plans
Strada Racing Club was founded in 1979 by Domenic Malvestuto. Domenic owned DOMENICS CYCLING, our biggest supporter. Here he is winning a race in Toronto Canada as a professional cyclist. In 2005, Strada Racing Club was turned over to Michael and Lisa Kolin.
The year was 1969 when this finish line photo was taken.
Domenic was a professional racer, Canadian National Team member and winner of too many races to list. He moved to Arizona, opened his pro shop and started the Strada Racing Club in 1979. His focus with the club was with junior development and many of his riders went on to great successes. One of his ex-junior riders, Chad Beyer, rode the professional Giro di Italia this year! Domenic spent endless hours working with cyclists and promoting the sport. He retired from the day-to-day management of his bike shop and turned over the club to Lisa and Michael. Many people have asked us why we chose the Strada Racing Club instead of starting a new club and the answer is simple: we wanted to honor and continue the years of dedication that Domenic gave to cycling...and particularly his efforts toward rider development.
We offer our deepest sympathy to his wife Judy and his family. Domenic Malvestuto was a great man who will be missed...but not forgotten.